When you use Regly, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices. This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding this information.
Last Modified: August 20, 2018
Effective Date: March 7, 2018
Download Previous Policy
Data Collections And Uses
This policy applies to any users of Regly’s services anywhere in the world, including any users of Regly’s apps, websites, features or other services.
This policy applies to any users of the services of Regly or its affiliates anywhere in the world, and to anyone else who contacts Regly or otherwise submits information to Regly, unless noted below. This includes those who use Regly or its affiliates' services to any individual using the app.
Regly provides services to users throughout the world. If you live in the United States, Regly Technologies, Inc. is the data controller for your information.
If you live in the United States, the data controller for the information you provide or that is collected by Regly or its affiliates is:
The Information We Collect
- Information that you provide to Regly, such as when you create your Regly account.
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
- Information from other sources, such as Regly partners and third parties that use Regly’s API.
Regly collects the following categories of information:
- Information you provide
- This includes information submitted when you:
- Create or update your Regly account, which depending on your location and the Regly services you use may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information, government identification numbers, birth date, and photo
- Submit information about your vehicle or insurance (for driver partners)
- Consent to a background check (for driver partners where permitted by law)
- Request services through an Regly app or website
- Contact Regly, including for customer support
- Contact other Regly users through our services
- Complete surveys sent to you by Regly or on behalf of Regly
- Enable features that require Regly's access to your address book or calendar
- Information created when you use our services
- This includes:
- Location Information
- Depending on the Regly services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, Regly may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- If you are a driver or delivery partner, Regly collects location information when the Regly app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
- If you are a rider, Regly may collect location information when the Regly app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, Regly may also collect this information when the Regly app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
- Riders and delivery recipients may use the Regly app without enabling Regly to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your Regly app. For example, if you do not enable Regly to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your pickup address. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver partner during your trip, even if you have not enabled Regly to collect your location information.
- Transaction Information
- We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage and Preference Information
- Device Information
- We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log Information
- When you interact with our services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our services.
- Calls and text messages
- We enable users to call or text each other through the Regly apps. For example, in some countries, we enable driver partners and riders, and delivery partners and recipients, to call or text each other without disclosing their telephone numbers. To provide this service, Regly receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the text messages. Regly may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, and for analytics.
- Address book and calendar information
- If you permit the Regly app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our services and for other purposes described in this policy or at the time of consent or collection. If you permit the Regly app to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as event title and description, your response (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location, and number of attendees.
- Information from other sources
- These may include:
- Users providing feedback, such as as ratings or compliments
- Regly business partners through which you create or access your Regly account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who use Regly's APIs or whose API Regly uses
- Insurance providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner)
- Financial services providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner)
- Partner transportation companies (if you are a driver partner who uses our services through an account associated with such a company)
- The owner of an Regly for Business or Regly Family profile that you use
- Publicly available sources
- Marketing service providers
- Regly may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
- These may include:
How We Use Your Information
Regly collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery and other products and services. We also use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
Regly does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
Regly uses the information it collects for purposes including:
- Providing services and features
- Regly uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services
- Process or facilitate payments for those services
- Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a driver partner, refer a friend to Regly, split fares, or share your ETA
- Enable features to personalize your Regly account, such as creating bookmarks for your favorite places
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends
- Safety and security
- We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services. For example, we collect information from service partners' devices to identify unsafe communication behavior such as harassment or harsh use of the app, and to raise awareness among service partners regarding such behaviors.
- Customer support
- Regly uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
- Research and development
- We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
- Communications among users
- Regly uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a service partner may message a guest to confirm a working times, or a job change may occur and the service partner now has a new location.
- Communications from Regly
- Regly may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. Regly may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. Regly may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referenda and other political and policy processes that relate to our services.
- Legal proceedings and requirements
- We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Regly's services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law.
Cookies And Third Party Technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Some of Regly’s products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, or for legal reasons or in the event of a dispute.
Regly may share the information we collect:
1. At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
- Other people at your request. For example, we may share your ETA and location with a friend at your request, or your trip information when you split a fare with a friend.
- Regly business partners. For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Regly may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom Regly may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
2. With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users -- including through public forums such as Regly blogs, social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
3. With the owner of Regly accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your trip information with the owner of that profile profile. This occurs, for example, if you are:
- A rider using your employer's Regly for Business profile
- A driver partner using an account owned by a partner transportation company
- A rider who takes a trip arranged by a friend or under a Family Profile
4. With Regly subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, Regly may process or store information in the United States on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
5. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Regly may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request.
- This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect Regly's rights or property or the rights or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person's credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including trip information.
- This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
Please see Regly's Guidelines for Law Enforcement Authorities for more information.
6. With your consent
Regly may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention And Deletion
Regly retains your information while your account remains active, unless you request deletion of your information or account. In some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law or other purposes as described in this section even if you delete your account.
Regly retains your information while your account remains active, unless you ask us to delete your information or your account. Subject to the exceptions described below, Regly deletes or anonymizes your information upon request.
Subject to applicable law, Regly may retain information after account deletion:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute;
- If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymized form.
- Regly may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, if Regly shuts down a user's account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, Regly may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Regly account in the future.
Choice And Transparency
Regly provides means for you to see and control the information that Regly collects, including through:
- In-app privacy settings
- Device permissions
- In-app ratings pages
- Marketing opt-outs
The Privacy Settings menu in the Regly rider app gives users the the ability to set or update their location and contacts sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from Regly. Guests can also delete their Regly account from the Privacy Settings menu.
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Regly app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Regly app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in Regly's apps. You can also look up your trips, orders and deliveries history in the Regly apps. You may also request access to, correction of, or a copy of your information by contacting Regly at info@Regly.com.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Regly in the emails that are sent. You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from Regly by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your rides or information about your account.
Updates To This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If you use our services after an update, you consent to the updated policy.
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the Regly apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.